For your upcoming Delhi to Punjab move, you chose to opt for the best relocation help and that is why you appointed the professional packers and movers in Delhi before time. Well, when it comes to moving, you can never assert that you are prepared. Because the truth is, no one is completely prepared. There is always room for doing something more, something extra.
After all, relocations are a serious life event involving not just your emotions, but your finances, efforts, peace of mind, and the most valuable, your time. And when despite all the possible preparations and planning, the relocation project does not come out the way you plan it, the feeling is heartbreaking.
Keeping that in mind, this article is created to highlight some brilliant household packing and moving tips that are not just going to make your move a memorable event but are going to relieve you of the unwanted moving qualms and concerns that burden your mind whenever there is a move.
1. Commence early – What would you love? Packing your household chockfull of stuff in a few days or packing items gradually over some time? Well, the second one is the ideal way to tackle belongings for a move because packing for a move requires serious planning and if you rush into the process due to a time crunch; you may pack your stuff that efficiently.
2. Remove the unwanted – Well, let’s simplify the packing task for you and also for the movers. If you are preparing for your move for quite some time now, you would realize you have a significant amount of unwanted stuff in your place that does not deserve a chance to be moved to your new residence. All these items must be dealt with before the move either over sale, donation or simply be discarded.
3. Know the box logic – If you are packing your articles on your own, you must know this one packing rule. When you are packing smaller, fragile articles like décor items, artifacts, and sentimental possessions, you must put them in decent size boxes and not smaller ones. That way, there will be sufficient space in the box that you can use to cushion the object efficiently. Pack bigger items in similar size boxes so there is no room for the hefty article to shift sides during the transit disturbance.
4. Get the essentials – Whether it is collecting furniture blankets for your high-value fittings and fixtures, or sourcing the best fabric sheets to protect your expensive, elaborate household stuff, you must first create a detailed list of packaging materials that you will need to execute the packing process. Some of the key materials you must have include moving boxes, wrapping paper, bubble wraps, corrugated sheets, stretch wraps, etc.
5. Pack clothes carefully – First, decide who and how clothes are to be packed. Do you want to handle them by yourself? Or do you want the professional packers only to pack your clothes? Whatever you choose, make sure your clothes are packed well. Separate the daily wear clothes, office wear outfits, and the fancy clothes. Similarly, sort out the off-season clothes and pack them first.
6. Prepare the electronics – The electronic items at your place like the laptop to the major appliances including the refrigerator, television, computer, washing machine, dishwasher, chimney, etc. must be prepared first before they are packed for the move. Each of these must be cleaned using stain removers so they can be installed straight away after the move.
7. Attend delicate items – Whether you are packing the specialty items from your living room or the ones from your kitchen, every fragile item requires foolproof packing which must be done using protective packing materials like bubble wraps, packing paper, foam sheets, etc. secured properly in double-duty packing tapes.
8. Pack assorted items – There is a lot of stuff in our household that we feel does not belong to any category. All these sundry items must be packed in one box and labeled as ‘miscellaneous’ or can be packed in a separate vacuum bag or plastic pouch if they are small articles and not something big in size. You may pack keys, nuts, single articles without the set, etc. in this box.
9. Let the experts pack – You need not worry about the complicated stuff at your place. The professional movers you hired would evaluate those carefully and devise effective ways to handle them for the move. Moreover, they will even incorporate innovative packing and moving strategies to ensure every piece of your complicated stuff gets transferred to the new place intact. So, leave the job to them and rest easier.
10. Label the boxes – You can either add name labels that are printed or use the ones where you add the package details on the labels on your own. If you are using handwritten labels, use permanent markers to add the needful information. We would advise you to use print labels because they are waterproof and safe.
11. Pack boxes right – There is a way to prepare and pack moving boxes. Every moving carton requires fortification and the ones carrying heavy stuff or fragile objects need special attention because any kind of rupture to these boxes can call for big mishaps during the move. So, you can let the professional packers handle it.
12. Pack liquids upright – When you are packing liquids, whether it is from your bathroom (the bottles of toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, hand wash, etc.) or your kitchen (bottles of ketchup, oil, taste enhancers, etc.), you must enquire your movers and packers in Delhi about the non-allowable items for the move because in most cases, liquids that are solutions with some percentage of foreign elements are considered risky. But even if you had to pack them, pack them upright.